NW-Mailing-List Digest, Vol 76, Issue 11

Mon Dec 12 12:07:35 EST 2011

I could blame cross wiring between the "u" and the "a" on my keyboard, but no one would believe me. So, I'll blame a blurred original copy and a blurred mind late in the evening when I was transcribing the article like a robot.

Gordon
Sent: Sunday, December 11, 2011 12:25 PM
Subject: Re: NW-Mailing-List Digest, Vol 76, Issue 11

Gordon, I can't resist: "...in the annuls of the road." ?? ~~Bernie Hylton

Bluefield Daily Telegraph
March 2, 1912

BEST DAILY AVERAGE IN RAILROAD'S HISTORY
------
Nearly Fifty Thousand Cars Handled by Norfolk and Western During Short Month of February
February, 1912, will go down in the history of the Norfolk and Western as the biggest month in the annuls of the road. During the twenty-nine days a daily average of 1,666 cars were handled by the Pocahontas division at