Thu Oct 27 11:32:08 EDT 2011

As I remember, the GP30's were bought to replace the electrics. If they were in
fact paid for with money set aside for more ELc's, that is ironic.

Jim Nichols

The Virginian connection to this photo is that at the time of the merger in
1959, VGN had set aside trust money to purchase more EL-C electrics. After the
merger, N&W used this money to buy GP30s instead. I have posted the Heritage
GP30s posing behind the Motive Power Building last Friday on this site under
"Skip's Photos". Several of the Brethren worked in the Motive Power Building in
Roanoke.

Skip Salmon

CCCXCI