Fwd: what kind of car?

Thu Oct 13 21:33:08 EDT 2011

No N&W reporting marks because it is a Trailer Train flat car with an N&W
superstructure (rack?). I think I have seen this picture before, but forgot what
the explanation was.     Jim Nichols

Sent: Thu, October 13, 2011 12:03:07 PM
Subject: Fwd: what kind of car?

What kind of a car this is? An 89’ Trailer Train flatcar with 4 sides put on it
to make some kind of a special gondola??

Taken about 1984 outside of Rock Springs, Wyoming, on UP trackage.  The train
was sitting on a siding .  Would make sense it was some type of revenue car that
far from home as opposed to a MOW car – but no obvious N&W reporting mark

- Bob Bowers