Iaeger and Southern

Wed Sep 21 08:38:17 EDT 2011

Real Iaeger & Southern was chartered by William Ritter in 1898 to serve his lumber operations on Dry Fork in McDowell County, WV. N&W got the rr when they bought the Pocahontas Coal & Coke Co in 1901. Iaeger & Southern became the basis of the N&W's Dry Fork and Jacobs Fork Branches.

"Billion Dollar Coalfield," available from NWHS Commissary, discusses history of Iaeger & Southern and Dry Fork Branch on pages 435 through 503.

Alex Schust
Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2011 4:17 PM
Subject: Iaeger and Southern

Can anyone tell me anything about this operation, which included a number of passenger cars that saw use in excursion and charter service?

TIA
--
jerry
<jmlaboda at gmail.com>

I hate getting old... Over the years I have learned a lot of things, but I just can't remember much of it anymore.

Passenger Car Photo Index - Its HUGE!!!
UPDATED 9/10/11 WITH OVER 7923 NEW LINKS ADDED!!!
<http://passcarphotos.info>

Southern Railway Historical & Modeling Resources - UPDATED 13 JANUARY 2011!!!
<http://southernmodeler.info/>

Appreciate Freedom??? Thank a Veteran!!!