Pocahontas Division towers

Tue Aug 30 13:23:03 EDT 2011

Harry,

I took a look at the Clinchfield timetables from 1943 through 1958, and
there's no mention of a SX Tower in those either, simply St. Paul Tower, the
same as you found on the 1982 dispatcher's sheet.

Up until just recently I had access to a complete collection of both Railway
Age and Railway Signaling magazines, but the museum which held those had a
fire in July and is now closed. Looking back, I would imagine there would
have been an article (1957 era) on the Clinch Valley traffic control system
installation which might have provided some information.

That 1917 USRA inventory that you mentioned...is there anything in there
about the interlocking at Cedar Bluff? Also, is there a inventory for the
Dry Fork and Buchanan Branches which might help with information on the
towers at Dry Fork Jct. (Iaeger), Devon and Weller?

Thanks again for your help!

Ron