Front Royal N&W Right-of-Way

Fri Jul 15 11:40:39 EDT 2011

Frank,
This is the old lead track that led to the stock pens that were
located behind the old station at Luray Ave. (The operators that I talked to
said that this station was the hottest location to work on the District
during the summer months, and if I remember correctly it was called the
"stock track"). The railroad right of way was never that close to the river,
and the pens were located between the lead track and the Shenandoah. This
parcel was turned over in a deal with Warren County in exchange for other
land used in the Ashby double track project, after the Board of Supervisors
threatened to fight the project.

Mason Cooper