N&W Obervations 581 and 582 in Saudi Arabia.

Mon May 30 10:36:37 EDT 2011

The 581 & 582 were withdrawn from N&W service in early 1958. May 1972 is much
too late for them to still be in the U.S.A.   Jim Nichols

Sent: Mon, May 30, 2011 5:13:55 AM
Subject: Re: N&W Obervations 581 and 582 in Saudi Arabia.

I looked back at the correspondence about the obervation cars, and did not see
the mention of a some what decent picture on Pg 56 of Classic Trains Summer
2011. Taken 21 May, 1972, PRR coach yards, Chicago.

Gene A.
Gloucester, Va.