N&W Obervations 581 and 582 in Saudi Arabia.

Fri May 27 14:18:25 EDT 2011

In his book about Williamson, Vern French suggests they were scrapped in
1987. I don't know what his source of this information is, but it sounds
highly plausible to me, sadly.

Ali Smith

nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org writes:

>>> Why do you make that assumption? I've been following this email site

for years and can't recall about the cars in SA. Just would like to know
the history - thanks.

>There was a photo years ago, I think in Trains, that showed one of the

N&W obs in use in SA.

I saw that issue and remember the photo. This has also been documented in
several publications including RPC Publication's "Streamliner Cars -- Vol.
1 Pullman Standard." The Saudi railroad also acquired Burlington Budd
diner - lounge observation cars after they were retired as well as a number of
other cars... too numerous to list at this time.
--
jerry
<_jmlaboda at gmail.com_ (mailto:jmlaboda at gmail.com) >

I hate getting old... Over the years I have learned a lot of things, but I
just can't remember much of it anymore.

Passenger Car Photo Index - New Home! New Look! Same Great Resource!
UPDATED 11/13/10 WITH OVER 4357 NEW LINKS ADDED!!!
<_http://passcarphotos.info_ (http://passcarphotos.info/) >

Southern Railway Historical & Modeling Resources - UPDATED 13 JANUARY
2011!!!
<_http://southernmodeler.info/_ (http://southernmodeler.info/) >

Appreciate Freedom??? Thank a Veteran!!!