Fwd: [STMFC] Re: Tennessee Central-Rebuilt USRA 3-Bay Hoppers.

Tue Mar 22 10:16:25 EDT 2011

Any VGN gurus have any info on these cars to share?

Jim Brewer

Glenwood MD

----------

I will chime in with information that Rich shared with me about these cars over the weekend. The cars in question were USRA 3-bay hoppers built for the Virginian (Who Knew?) who sold them to Ortner rather than rebuild them when the time came. So the cars in question are rebuilt USRA 3-Bay hoppers owned second hand by the TC, and probably unknown to most of us. Let the detective work begin.

Bill Welch

--- In STMFC at yahoogroups.com , "Richard Yoder" <wrote:

> Thank you Mitch.

> I would like to hear from him.

> I'm sure there are photos somewhere of the car as purchased from Ortner.

> Rich

> From: Richard Yoder

> Subject: [STMFC] Tennessee Central

> To: STMFC at yahoogroups.com

> Date: Sunday, March 20, 2011, 4:57 PM

> I'm looking for someone that may have photos from the Tennessee Central

> railroad.

> If you know of someone please contact me.

> Sincerely, Rich Yoder

Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post | Start a New Topic Messages in this topic ( 8 )
Recent Activity:

• New Members 8
• New Photos 14

Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Groups
Switch to: Text-Only , Daily Digest • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use

.