Tue Mar 8 07:28:13 EST 2011

I was taught that it is dangerous. Rails have no good
stepping/standing/walking surface, which increases your risk of falling.
Also, if you do fall, it puts rather important parts of your body more
or less in line with the opposite rail, where you can have a very short
life span on a live track. And yes, we do cross live tracks between
(uncoupled) moving cars in some cases.

Ken Rickman

Kenneth Rickman - krickman1 at carolina.rr.com
Salisbury, NC