Cannonball

Wed Feb 23 15:07:41 EST 2011

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wed, Feb 23, 2011 1:07 pm
Subject: Re: Cannonball

Thanks Harry; I suspected that might have been the one. Unfortunately, if the new Lynchburg train is any indication, it will be an extension of an existing train (probably one of the ones now terminating in Richmond), and Amtrak will call it "Northeast Regional #xyz".

Dave Phelps

Dave:
I could only get back to 1955, but the Official Guide indicates PRR's Cavalier were train Nos. 468-469
and by that date, the overnighters had become coach only. But the real stunner was that it showed
no connection beyond Cape Charles -- no ferry connection, no bus connection. Apparently PRR's failure
to provide a connection led to the train's discontinuance later that year. The Delmarva Express continued
(without a connection to Hampton Roads) a little longer. Harry Bundy