Thu Feb 17 11:43:13 EST 2011

Skip:

Another minor item, the 44 tonner #6 was pure GE, not part of the Alco-GE
arrangement for bigger switchers and road locomotives. The latter were
built in Schenectady by Alco and had the GE electricals out of Erie installed
there; the marketing and service was joint. (All this is well known, I'm
just repeating to lay the foundation for the difference with the mining and
industrial locomotives.). The small mining and industrial locos (such as
the one that became Vgn #6) were built by GE in Erie (except for a few built
in Brazil in later years) and were solely their responsibility.

No biggie, but an error that occasionally creeps in. I realize you were
quoting someone.

Regards,

Dave Phelps
(GE Erie retiree)

In a message dated 2/17/2011 8:18:26 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,