Saturday at the VMT

Wed Feb 9 08:40:21 EST 2011

I see this Saturday is called "Train Lover Saturday" at VMT including
these items:

* Opening Day for the new exhibit: Thoroughbreds of Steam: N&W 611
and C&O 614, the Pinnacle of Steam Locomotive Technology. These
rival passenger locomotives have never before been seen together;
in fact, the C&O 614 has not been publicly displayed anywhere in a
decade.
* Special guest, renowned railroad artist Andrew Fletcher from
California, will display a collection of his work. His prints will
be on sale and he will be available to sign prints for visitors,
10am – 3pm.
* Kids’ activities: 10:30am – 1:30pm.
* Roanoke Valley Model Engineers Open House: 10am – 1pm, featuring
an HO track that kids can run, plus a model sale. The group’s ON3,
HO, and N scale layouts are only open a few times each year,
located in the Museum’s basement. The entrance is on the back of
the Museum just off the Rail Walk and around the corner from the
Jupiter Rocket.
* Shop for your train lover's valentine gift: all rail-related
merchandise in the Museum Store is 15% off all day

Can anybody tell me if there will be anything else "special" going on?

Nathan

--
Nathan Simmons
trainman51 at gmail.com