Virginian Ry. tunnel enlargement

Sat Feb 5 20:46:02 EST 2011

James Dalmas, who authored the 2006 book, The Street Railways of
Roanoke Virginia, 1887 - 1948, is currently researching the
involvement of the DuPont family in early street railway development,
and he emailed to me a copy of a 1920 DuPont magazine with the
attached interesting article on the enlargement of single-track
Virginian tunnels on Clarks Gap hill to accommodate double track.

I plan to place a printed copy of the article in the N&WHS Archives next week.

Gordon Hamilton

Moderator placed attachments on web at
http://nwhs.org/wiki/show_image.php?id=183
http://nwhs.org/wiki/show_image.php?id=184