Roanoke Rail Cam--Containers

Sat Jan 29 18:12:48 EST 2011

I don't know exactly ehat ypu aes seeing in Roanoke, but it sounds like the containers amd cars that are used extensively for transporting hazardous waste to disposal facilities. The cars will hold 8 20 x 8 x 6 foot containers (weight limited). The containers have top hinged end doors and a sliding aluminum lid for either end or top loading. I use them for transporting radiologically contaminated scrap metal from Paducah KY to a disposal facility in Utah. I generally see the configuration you describe when the boxes are loaded with contaminated soil

John Samples (cleaning up after the Cold War)