Structure at Pembroke, VA

Wed Dec 29 22:36:29 EST 2010

There used to be a quarry of some sort at Pembroke (mining the limestone or
dolomite), but I don't think I ever knew just what their product was (maybe
lime?). Anyway, I can remember seeing a tank switcher (or was it a fireless
cooker?) when we passed there, next to some sort of structure. My guess is that
this was the structure I remember, and it may have been some kind of storage bin
for whatever product they were producing. I realize this is all rather vague,
but you have to remember we are talking about 55 years ago (more or less).
Jim Nichols

Sent: Wed, December 29, 2010 3:43:00 PM
Subject: Structure at Pembroke, VA

Can anyone identify the concrete structure seen in this photo at Pembroke, VA?

http://www.pbase.com/whitethorne/image/131462238

Jeff Hawkins