C&O 614 to VMT

Thu Dec 9 11:04:59 EST 2010

Definitley not as 614 was built in June 1948 and our own 611 was buit in May
1950. 614 also isn't the last commercially

build steam locomotive either as Lima and Baldwin were still building steam into
1949. We had a very similar conversation

on Trainorders and after some research I came to the conclusion that 614 might
be the last dedicated passenger locomotive
built by a commercial builder.

Brian Dembinski

Sent: Wed, December 8, 2010 9:36:41 PM
Subject: Re: C&O 614 to VMT

Was 614 the last steam passenger locomotive built in the U.S.?
Just asking.

Frank Bongiovanni