N&W in 1911--Speeder accident

Thu Nov 4 07:05:04 EDT 2010

Ronce means bramble, i.e. brier, in French. Vert is French for green.
So the name Roncerverte is derived from the French word(s) for Greenbrier.
Toney Minter

Toney Minter E-mail:tminter at nrao.edu
Head of GBT Science Operations
NRAO - Green Bank Phone: +1 304 456 2275
1 Observatory Road Fax: +1 304 456 2170
PO Box 2 WWW: www.gb.nrao.edu/~tminter
Green Bank WV 24944

"In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice
there is." - Yogi Berra