S1a builder's plate

Mon Sep 20 20:41:53 EDT 2010

We have builders plate Number 411 for the S1A that was built in
October 1951. I know this is an original, because my brother took my
old 56 Studebaker and drove down to Portsmouth, Ohio, where he loaded
it up with lots of goodies in 1959. The builders plates were $1 each.

As I have written here before, though we gave it some serious
thought, we now egret that we did not rent a truck, dive down there,
and load it up.

In my backyard foundry, I have cast many copies of builders plates
usually in aluminum. It always "Buyer Beware" with BP's.

Headlights, bells, gauges, etc., are not as easy to duplicate.

Ron Peisker