Strasburg 4-8-0

Fri Sep 17 16:21:01 EDT 2010

Although some railroads had whistles that used superheated steam, most the N&W whistles were located on the steam dome or on the line between the steam dome and the turret. The steam was used before it went into the dry pipe and the superheater. Although it was very hot at 300 psi, it was still saturated.

Dave Stephenson