Link's Color photo

Wed Sep 1 18:28:22 EDT 2010

To add a bit more detail to my previous opinion - The data base for Link's photos indicates that NW32K, NW2134 and NW2135 were all taken at or near Bonsack near Bridge 90. Track charts indicate that the track at Boaz looking east is straight for almost a mile before making a gradual curve to the left. Bridge 95 is located east of Boaz (est MP N-253.8), not Bridge 90, and the track is straight to MP N-253.3.

However, just west of the start of the middle passing track at MP N-252.5, the track is straight until Bridge 90, then curves to the right, as can be seen in Link's B&W test photos that were taken in daylight. Designating the location as Bonsack isn't exactly correct either because it's actually about a mile west of that station.

That's the best I can do with the info I have. It seems clear that it's not Boaz and is likely near Bonsack because of the track configuration in NW2134 and 2135 just east of the photo location.

Dave Stephenson