Link's Color photo

Wed Sep 1 13:50:54 EDT 2010

Now we seem to be getting somewhere . . .

EdKing

Sent: Wednesday, September 01, 2010 12:17 PM
To: NW Mailing List
Subject: Re: Link's Color photo

I was searching the same resource and found the page for the pic & description and it says Bonsack, VA:
http://linkmuseum.pastperfect-online.com/37479cgi/mweb.exe?request=record;id=C6A866C0-C988-42AC-84AA-135401896300;type=102

Steve Herring

I looked on the Link Museum website for the image (and maybe more details). I was not able to find it as a stand alone image, but found it as shown in a newspaper article, and as a cover for Classic Trains magazine. If these are the correct images, I think the title for the image is "Highball for the Double Header".

http://linkmuseum.pastperfect-online.com/37479cgi/mweb.exe?request=record;id=4EAD271D-0565-4860-937C-001036681768;type=201

http://linkmuseum.pastperfect-online.com/37479cgi/mweb.exe?request=record;id=CFA7057D-9EE0-48DD-9D94-822890684296;type=301

This image was also used on the Link's LP "Thunder on Blue ridge".

http://www.owinstonlinkrailwayproductions.com/Images/Slideshow/ThunderOnBlueRidge_big.jpg

- Roger Link