Heartland Corridor

Thu Aug 19 11:37:02 EDT 2010

Michael,

I understand your emotions, but I would have to ask - "were those (existing)  tunnels top notch?"  In one article I read about a tunnel or couple of tunnels being modified, I was surprised at what they were finding.  Workers were not encountering clean tunnels.  They were encountering a lot of debris, stuff tucked away during construction instead of being hauled out.  If you want to "raise the bar", my expectation would have been for a "clean" tunnel, not the left-over debris they were finding.  It seems the concrete was hiding more than just rock.

Kim