N&W Class W2

Tue Jun 29 12:18:29 EDT 2010

Actually that source says 917 was built by Baldwin in 2903 (obvious typo or we wouldn't be talking about it for another 900 years or so)!  Richmond did build the 719 in 1904 though.  Also, it looks like I need to make a correction on my Lost Engines history page, I had captioned the 944 photo as "a 1903 Baldwin from the same batch as 917".  Apparently she was built by Cooke instead.

Richard Jenkins

  The Norfolk and Western Steam last 25 years identifys the 917 as a 2-8-0
W-2 built in Richmond,Va. 1904.
Gene A.

[Moderator]
See image at following: