The tender for 917

Sat Jun 26 11:08:03 EDT 2010

Hey 'nuff said" I stand by my comment. That tender is hideous! A
beautiful and historic locomotive such as the 917 should not have been
sullied by such an ugly monstrosity! It would have been preferable to leave
it with no tender at all. I commend the restaurant folks for preserving the
917, but it is a disservice to history to try to pass that thing off as a
tender. You say it is better than nothing. You are wrong! Nothing - no
tender - is preferable to the toy they chose to build for it.

Jerry Kay, Portsmouth, Virginia - HOME OF THE 1134!