Bluefield area traffic

Thu Jun 17 20:43:52 EDT 2010

Todd: I see that the Pritchard Intermodal yard project is now stopped due
to business level-low. Tunnel work is proceeding but slowly. Last year
they held traffic from 6am to 2 pm then released all trains- weekdays-mnear
the tunnels holding trains at Bluefield and Williamson or nearby. I haven't
heard of any changes in that pattern. But, figure that the traffic will be
fantastic the day before you get there and the day after you leave. And you
will get the overcast weather during your time there.

Speaking of traffic around Marion, Ohio. NS runs most trains either early
in the morning or in the late afternoon through the evening. As most
proceed to Portsmouth and east, that would put them eastbound through the
tunnels later in the night.

I'm thinking set up for the westbounds at Bluefield VA in the late afternoon
might be the best plan.

Enjoy!

Gary Rolih

Cincinnati