Creations

Wed Jun 16 11:41:26 EDT 2010

Memorial Day weekend 1994, 2 excursions out of Norfolk to Petersburg, both had 611 by herself with about 25 cars. I rode behind one, photographed the departure of the other.

Donald Reventlow
Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2010 8:18 AM
Subject: Re: Creations

Ben,

I have to take you to task on that one...

We OFTEN had 611 all by herself. We only had the diesels on limited excursions. I have lots of un-photoshopped photos to back that up.

Thanks,

Richard D. Shell
Troutville, VA

Mike,
That is so convincing, it almost looks like it was taken on one of our
excursion between 1992 and 1994. Great Job!!!

But, those concerned, have no fear. I'm crazy enough to remember that
we never had 611 by herself, but instead she always had a diesel or
two in tow for dynamic braking purposes.

Ben Blevins