N&W ex-Pullman parlor to coach conversions

Mon Jun 14 19:48:41 EDT 2010

Yes, when N&W bought the cars they rebuilt them as coaches. Later they were
reassigned to MofW service.

In the 1956 passenger car diagram book on cars 755, 760, 772 - 775 "Pn"
class were listed and these are cars from the earliest all steel parlor
group. No others were listed as near as I can tell so they may have already
been bumped from revenue service or rebuilt.

Haven't been able to find anything on the other cars, the one photo I linked
to in my earlier email is a variant of the Pullman Plan 3416 though I am
unsure exactly what its class was. Most had single windows opposite the
drawing room and bathroom on that end and I am trying to nail down exactly
what plan the car is. Similar paired windows were sometimes used on rebulds
of the 3410/3410A 12 Section - 1 Drawing Room sleepers as well, in place of
the single passage way windows.

Curiously enough I have found diagrams of both the "BP1" baggage - coaches
in the 620 - 629 series, and the "MS1" mail storage cars in the 1450 - 1459
series, though there is no notation what they were rebuilt from, so this
helps a little as well. These cars apparently were rebuilt from the earlier
parlor cars (from the group mentioned above) so this might account for some
of the cars not being in the "Pn".

Hopefully more can yet be learned...
--
jerry
<jmlaboda at gmail.com>

I hate getting old... Over the years I have learned a lot of things, but I
just can't remember much of it anymore.

Passenger Car Photo Index - UPDATED 2/22/10 WITH OVER 6880 NEW LINKS
ADDED!!!
<http://trainweb.org/passengercars/>

Appreciate Freedom??? Thank a Veteran!!!