Norton photography incident

Mon May 31 09:08:51 EDT 2010

Ed

Amen. Hobby not your job. Arm chair rail fans need to remember this and given some room.
people are not perfect. You could follow anyone around for a day with a camera and find them doing
something wrong. We have pass so many rules and laws in this country we have become totally dysfunctional .
No wonder we have no jobs.

Larry Evans
Kenova,WV

Sent: Sunday, May 30, 2010 10:58 PM
Subject: RE: Norton photography incident

Employees must be accountable for their actions. A condition for employment in most of today's American industries is following the rules and processes the company has established. Railways and industry as a whole is very different today than in the 70's. Regardless, I still feel a need to assure railroad employees feel comfortable when they see me around and don't perceive me as a spy. I still feel it's important to show them respect and not be overly intrusive or threatening while they are performing their jobs. I may own NS stock as well as some from a couple of other "lesser" railroads but my "Hobby" is railroading; it's not my job.

Ed Painter; Narrows, VA currently living in Russellville, AR