taking photos

Thu May 27 09:11:08 EDT 2010

Skip Salmon in his post to the group wrote this:

Passed around also was the latest "Trains" magazine which has an article "Amtrak plans photo program" which outlines the new policy of Amtrak for rail fans to photograph trains from their platforms. Now you must "notify Amtrak officials BEFORE taking pictures".

I’m not an avid photographer, so I don’t keep abreast of these things.   What’s behind the policy?

Just 2 days ago a friend of mine related his photography experience around the Norton, VA, area.   Recently he was taking pictures of the yard area from PUBLIC right-of-way.   The yardmaster saw him, and intentionally went out of his way to tell the photographer that photos were NOT allowed!

Comments?

Kim Hensley

Huntsville