Sun Apr 11 13:41:31 EDT 2010

Thank you, Jim, for setting the record straight regarding the Powhatan
Arrow's stops. I now consider myself properly informed! That's one of the
things I enjoy most about the discussions of this group.

How fortunate you were to have the opportunity to ride the N&W back and
forth during your college days. I was just an infant when N&W ceded its
remaining passenger operations to Amtrak, so I could only fantasize about
riding the N&W from Norfolk to Blacksburg when I was a student at Tech.

I'm not sure where I got the notion that the Arrow stopped only at Roanoke
between Norfolk and Cincinnati. Perhaps I was getting facts confused with
Roanoke being where the J's on point were changed out for service. There
was some really good discussion on that topic on this list a few weeks ago.

If you don't mind sharing further, what were the stops of the Powhatan Arrow
between Roanoke and Cincinnati? [Bluefield (apparently) .Williamson?
.Portsmouth?]

Thanks again,

-David Rice