Cooper station & Semaphores

Fri Apr 2 07:35:34 EDT 2010

There was an older system in use before this. When researching for the N&W
Electrics book I came across some material, I believe in Railway Age,
concerning the signal system. The Electric locomotives used AC power and the
Bluestone power house was constructed to supply this. At this time the
existing DC powered signal system was taken down and replaced with an AC
system. The article went on to say the old DC system was refitted to be used
as another location. It did not say where. What the extent of the new AC
system was I do not know, but this pre-dates 1926.

Mason Cooper