main line

Thu Apr 1 14:21:06 EDT 2010

Frank

After the merger in 1959, a new connection was made at Kellysville.
About 1970-71, VDOT wanted to widen route 460 west of Narrows, which
was a hazardous road, still is. So N&W eliminated the former VGN
mainline from Kellysville to Narrows and built a new connection and
bridge across the river to allow eastbound trains to move over to the
VGN main. It connects back into the VGN just east of the town of
Narrows.

Ken Miller