The Enigma of Walt Willard

Mon Mar 22 14:37:33 EDT 2010

Not a Dr. just a 2nd Generation Hospital Administrator with an interest in
the N&W.

R.D. Williams

_____

Sent: Monday, March 22, 2010 12:58 PM
To: NW Mailing List
Subject: Re: The Enigma of Walt Willard

It is amazing the wealth of knowledge that you find on this site. Mr. (Dr.)
Williams, may I assume that you are a Doctor?

John Lisica #2073

Sent: Monday, March 22, 2010 8:17 AM

What is a coronary thrombosis?

The heart is surrounded by three major coronary arteries that supply it with
blood and oxygen.

If a blood clot develops in one of these arteries, the blood supply to that
area of the heart muscle will stop. This is known as a heart attack, or in
medical terms a coronary thrombosis or myocardial infarction.

A heart attack will cause severe chest pains behind the breast bone, often
radiating towards the left arm.

If the blockage (thrombosis) is not dissolved quickly with medication, the
area of heart muscle that isn't getting enough oxygen will stop working
properly.

Lois, you're on the right track Coronary thrombosis is in fact commonly
called a heart attack. At the time in question many folks could have a
Heart attack without warning since the connection between risk factors, such
as High blood pressure, weight, smoking, nutrition, and heredity and heart
disease were not as well publicized and accepted.

R.D. Williams

_____