The Enigma of Walt Willard

Thu Mar 18 21:41:23 EDT 2010

While finishing my book on the 611 1956 wreck, 'Midnight on the Pocahontas' I have been looking through details and realize I do not have that much information on the engineer, Walter Willard. What I do know about him:

Born: August 4, 1895

Died:January 23, 1956

Home: Princeton, West Virginia

Married to: Carrie Viola Gordon; no children

Family: Brothers James, John, J.W. "Spot" Willard, Benjamin Willard, at least three sisters. I do not know the parents or where they came from.

Hired on the N&W in 1909.

Character: Don't know. I would like to get some idea on what the man might have been like so he is not cast as a 'villain' (which I personally don't want to do) especially if someone sees this book and decides to make a film of it.

If any of you can supply any information please email me at ljp611 at ntelos.net or reply to this message.

Thank you.

Lois J. Ponton

611 Historian