N&W Class J's and Lynchburg, VA

Wed Mar 17 07:11:29 EDT 2010

More memories from Blue Ridge Chapter Member, Lee Hawkins, as relayed by
Norris Deyerle:

Boy this thing is going on and on…I love it.

More memories I think:

I have some thoughts about how they coaled the J’s after 1953 (when the
coal chute came down at Monroe).

I have seen some reports, in a magazine ??? (memory loss here), that traced
the route, times, train numbers, etc. of each J between servicing.

Not real sure about this, I think I saw that they would put a fresh J on at
Roanoke for the trip to Monroe and back (which eliminated coaling and such
at Monroe).