Y6 in Saint Loius

Sat Feb 27 06:35:19 EST 2010

You are so right Mr.Crosson.
I am much thankful for those years of "Encore Steam" and the leadership that provided such a time for us.
Even more is what Rick Musser, and his skilled team of people at Strasburg are providing for us in the 382,(Aka 475). See it while you can..( By the way,, that ghost from the past leaning on the pin lever of the 382,, Is that you again Mr. Jefferies?)
I do enjoy the early mornings at the Strasburg shops, watching the ash pan cleaning, bearing greasing, boiler blow downs, and all of the activity that I remember from so many years ago. Just mention "Norfolk and Western", and watch how friendly the shop people become and how welcome they make you feel.

Gene A.
Gloucester, Va.
Sent: Friday, February 26, 2010 9:01 PM
Subject: Re: Y6 in Saint Loius

Looking back more than 50 years, it's unfortunate that N&W lacked the 'preservation' instinct of the PRR.
Of modern N&W steam, only one J survived; the A exists more by accident than by intent, and the Y is hundreds of miles from 'home'. (But I now live in MO and can visit the Y frequently). Chances of seeing the big three side-by-side once more are as slim of any of the three operating 'one more time'. Personally, I'm thankful for the decade during which the J and the A did their 'Encore in Steam'.

Jerome Crosson