Woodchip cars at North Winston yard

Tue Feb 23 20:34:30 EST 2010

Hi Lister's

Thank you, Scott Marion for the info on the woodchip cars at
North Winston. Until yesterday I didn't know that Winston-Salem was on
street views. Yesterday I drove around (virtually) North Winston Yard with
street views. I was able to "drive" right up to the yard entrance on Gaynor
St. and looked at the power sitting there.

I was pleasantly surprised at the end of Penn Ave. the covered hoppers
belonging to Roanoke Cement. The hopper's reporting marks are RCCX 150.
Can anybody tell me where these cars are loaded? Do they travel down the
Winston-Salem District from Roanoke? Last question; were these RCCX cars
around in the 80's?

Thanks again, John Hecker