Roanoke

Sun Feb 21 19:55:11 EST 2010

Frank

You can walk from the Hotel Roanoke to the Link Museum, it is in the
former N&W passenger station just across Shenandoah Avenue in front of
the Hotel. You can also simply walk from the Hotel across the
pedestrian bridge (also called the glass bridge) which crosses the
tracks. On the opposite side, as you exit, you can turn left, and go
to the sidewalk along side the mainline, which is now the railwalk,
with informational plaques, and artifacts placed along the way,
including some N&W position light signals, a diesel bell you can ring,
and continue west along the walk which connects the market area with
VMT.

If you choose not to walk, VMT is located at 303 Norfolk Avenue.

Best
Ken Miller