Boxes on station buildings

Sat Feb 13 16:36:56 EST 2010

Hello, all:

Here's one of the better views of Blue Ridge station that I've seen. There are three boxes visible that are attached to the side or front of the operator's bay. The left-most one is the telephone box, then what I expect to be a waybill box. Any thoughts what the small box is on the front of the bay windown, below the train order rods?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=250579793627

Also, I've ordinarily seen Railway Express Agency (REA) signs mounted by a freight room door. It's interesting to that the REA sign at Blue Ridge was above the operator's windows and there is no Western Union sign.

Good afternoon,

Frank Scheer
f_scheer at yahoo.com