And what about the long shadow removed when Graham Claytor passed away?

Wed Jan 27 18:39:26 EST 2010

And no one has even mentioned the long shadow of the Claytor's being
removed when the last Claytor, Graham passed away in May 1994. I have
been told THAT, too was a major factor as well as the liability issue
and NS's desire to acquire Conrail which they eyes on even before
1994, but the upturn in business was upsetting the steam applecart.

Bob Cohen