RE:Heartland Corridor Project

Wed Jan 27 13:14:09 EST 2010

Mike,

I totally agree with what you say about the way the tunnels have been altered. I guess this is what photographs, movie films and memories are for. As you say the railroads, and in our case NS, are run as businesses and must be in a constant drive to improve, streamline, review, grow and so on and so forth.

Yes the corridor project is radically altering the look and aesthetics of the tunnels in question but there are other tunnels around the US especially abandoned ones which remain unaltered. It's just unfortunate that some of the 19th and early 20th century engineering works were so impressive and memorable that they have become something special in their own right and not just part of a transportation system built by businessmen to make a return on their investors' money.

Best regards,

Cameron Tyre

NS shareholder

Sent from my Norfolk Southern ThoroughbredBerry on O2-UK