Former N&W Employee - Levi K. Matthews

Tue Dec 29 22:54:12 EST 2009

George: Is the Rail available online? Sounds interesting
Thanks,

Mike Weeks
Greenville NC

“Big things are expected of us, and nothing big ever came of being small.”
Bill Clinton

_________________________________
Mike Weeks, LCSW, LCAS
M1, Brody School of Medicine 2013
MSW, UNC at Charlotte 2003
BS Acct, UNC at Charlotte 1989
Sent: Tuesday, December 29, 2009 11:17 AM
To: nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org
Subject: Former N&W Employee - Levi K. Matthews

I'm working on an article for the Winston-Salem Chapter NRHS newsletter, The Rail. The article is on Levi K Matthews who worked for the N&W for 38 years. He died in September of 1927.

Can anyone on the list give me information on where he worked and what his job history might have been? From the picture of his tombstone in Walnut Cove I presume one of his positions was as an engineer.

Any information would be appreciated and as soon as I can scan the tombstone photo I'll share with you.

George

George L. Weber
Winston-Salem Chapter NRHS
Secretary - Newsletter Editor
Hm: 336-812-2963 Ofc: 336-474-5411 Cell: 336-870-4506

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

Appreciate Freedom??? Thank a Veteran!!!