Cavalier and Pochahantas cars

Fri Dec 25 13:01:14 EST 2009

yep and I need to rejoin back with the historical society. I would like to know what the track distance is from Roanoke to Winston Salem?

Subject: Re: Cavalier and Pochahantas cars
Date: Friday, December 25, 2009, 3:41 PM

This is the kind of information that is the reason for a mailing list. If you have it and are willing to share it, why would you NOT post it to the list? This is an interesting discussion and I would like to see it.
Please share it with the list.
Thanks.
Chris

Sent: Thursday, December 24, 2009 10:28 PM

Tony,

If you are interested in the 50's and want to contact me off list, I can send you an analysis of the equipment used on the Pocahontas, Cavalier and Arrow which shows the type cars (except head end cars) and route of each car by year.  I derived this information from all public timetables issued between Jan 1950 and Dec 1959.  If you are interested in other years I have a collection of 140 N&W Public Timetables from the 1902 to the end of service that I can pull information from.  I also have Official Registers of Passenger Train Equipment for 1943, 1949, 1953, 1959, 1962 and 1967 along with equipment lists from about half a dozen ORERs which is where passenger equipment was reported prior to the 1940's.  I can supply you with car lists from those along with some other information I have gathered if you want.

Charlie
seewright2 at verizon.net

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----