Cavalier and Pochahantas cars

Tue Dec 22 18:59:33 EST 2009

Tony: Give me a year (or period) you want to model, and I will try to tell
you what kinds of cars were on the Pocahontas and Cavalier. After April 1946
and before January 1950, all the cars were heavyweights, with the exception
of a lightweight New York sleeper which started running from Roanoke to
Williamson on the Cavalier in 1948 (replacing a heavyweight car. During
1950 the Pocahontas received lightweight cars for all the coaches, diners
and Pullmans (except one heavyweight Pullman) and the Cavalier got a few
lightweight coaches. These coaches were the cars that had run on the Arrow
from 1946 to late 1949. The lightweight Pullmans and diners were new in late
1949 and early 1950. Jim Nichols