"Battleships"

Wed Dec 2 20:47:11 EST 2009

The Bluefield Daily Telegraph articles from 1903 thru 1909 that I been
posting on the Mailing List make several references to N&W (and once to C&O)
"battleships" or "battleship" COAL cars, not battleship GONS. I don't have
much info on these early cars, but I think the reference was to 50 and 55
ton steel hopper cars which were being placed in service and which were so
much larger than the wooden body hopper cars that were being replaced.

Gordon Hamilton

Sent: Wednesday, December 02, 2009 10:18 AM
Subject: RE: "Battleships"