Re; Signal Light Replacement Bulbs

Wed Nov 11 19:54:57 EST 2009

Thanks to all who responded to my inquiry about replacement bulbs for a N&W dwarf Union Signal. I, too, checked the GE site for the bulb type and found nothing. Thanks for those of you who doubled checked for me.

>From the responses some of my fears have been verified-i.e. high cost and scarcity of the bulbs in question.

At present the voltage on the system is running at 12 volts so using an automoble type bulb should not be a problem. A major concern that I have with using the automobile type bulb would be with the filament of the bulb being at the proper focal length and height from the signal lens. I'll give them a try as the cost is relatively low.
Thanks again,
Dave Moorehead
Milford, Ohio