NW-Mailing-List Digest, Vol 49, Issue 17 -- 2300 Boiler

Mon Nov 9 09:19:43 EST 2009

My name is Neill Herring, and I so signed the message in which I made the
mistake about the Chessie locomotives have a water tube boiler, but my name
was not reproduced at the bottom of that message. I regret the error, and
the fact that I appeared to be annonymous.

I obtained the B&W book, Steam, # 37, after reading a reference to it in the
excellent Rails Remembered, V. IV, by Mr. Newton.

The photo answers the original query as to the shape of the boiler: it was
rectangular. I enjoy reading these messages very much, particularly the
accounts of the meetings of the Virginian retirees.