Saltville Locomotives

Fri Oct 30 08:47:42 EDT 2009

NW Mailing List wrote:

> We drove over to Saltville this afternoon and were stunned to see what

> has taken place since our last visit during Labor Day Weekend.

> D.E. Eakin and Sons, Inc of Roanoke has a contract, being funded by

> the town of Saltville and a grant from VDOT, to restore the two ex-

> Mathieson Alkali Works locomotives and has brought them around to be

> visual head-turners (disregarding the white-painted wheels, of course).

(snip)

Thanks for the photo, Mike! The folks did a good job. The white tires don't bother me, but all that yellow is a bit much this early in the morn.

Take care
Bill

--
== Scale Model Railroad Products ==
== Manufacturer - Retailer - Importer ==

Bill & Diane Wade

B.T.S.
RR 1 Box 141A
Belington, WV 26250

Phone: 304-823-3729
FAX: 304-823-2901
http://www.btsrr.com

We wish you Fair Winds and Following Seas.