NW-Mailing-List Digest, Vol 48, Issue 43

Thu Oct 29 14:38:10 EDT 2009

Too bad the British interest involved wasn't Dai Woodham of Barry Scrapyard fame, I'm guessing those engines would still be with us otherwise.  Was United Iron & Metal also owned by Sam Golden of Virginia Scrap Iron & Metal before the sale, or were they two completely separate operations?  I've been told once or twice over the years that the Y6's were in Sam Golden's Norwich yard (the one that still has the N&W steam crane sitting in it).  Sounds like that information might have been wrong?  If so, I'll need to make a correction or two on the Lost Engines site.

Richard Jenkins